Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for the 2019 history of education society meeting in Columbus.
Thursday, October 31 – Sunday, November 3, 2019
Hyatt Regency Columbus Hotel
Call for Proposals
The Program Committee for the 2019 Annual Meeting of the History of Education Society invites proposals on all topics related to the history of education, in any period or nation, and especially proposals that cross cultures, periods, or national boundaries.
The Committee defines education broadly to include all institutions of socialization – such as
- mass media
- voluntary organizations
- learned and/or scientific societies
- and other cultural institutions
- vocational and/or corporate training enterprises
- after-school and out-of-school learning environments
- international organizations
- and technology-mediated education
History of Education in the Everyday – Building Inclusive Histories
All proposals are welcome, but we particularly encourage submissions on the following areas:
- Global Democracies, Citizenship-Making
andEducation as a Fundamental Human Right
- Resistance, Agency and Social Movements for Inclusive Education
- The Role of Social Foundations in Building Civil Societies
- Innovations and Problematics in Research Methodologies
- Reconsiderations of Theory and Historiographies
The submission website will be available beginning January 1, 2019. Proposals are due on or before Monday, April 15, 2019 (no later than 11:59 p.m. PST).
To view the Call for Proposals
Registration and Conference Hotel Information
Online registration will be available on or about September 1, 2019. Conference hotel reservations at the Hyatt Regency Columbus Hotel will open at about the same time.
Please note that the deadline for online conference registration will be Friday, October 11, 2019, after which participants will need to register onsite. The deadline for conference hotel reservations will be on or about the same date.