Contains numerous paper collections, including the Pluma Batten Papers: pertaining mostly to her work as a member of the Pilesgrove (New Jersey) Board of Education, and as supervising principal and superintendent of schools for the Woodstown-Pilesgrove District in the 1940s and 1950s. The collection includes correspondence, notes, meeting minutes, reports, clippings, brochures, and various other types of documentation pertaining to her work as principal and district supervisor. Curriculum plans, teacher evaluation, and materials relating to school transportation, fire safety issues, and education of special needs children, teaching methods, health and athletic programs, and various other facets of education policy and school administration are represented in this collection.
- Deadline Extended on Submissions for the 2019 Henry Barnard Prize May 30, 2019
- Thank You to Those Who Submitted Proposals for the 2019 HES Conference May 28, 2019
- HES Site Coordinator Position Call For Volunteer May 1, 2019
- In the Streets, in the Archives: Decades of Teacher Protest in North Carolina April 26, 2019
- “A New Kind of Black Youth”: The Integral Role of Young Foot Soldiers in the Civil Rights Movement April 26, 2019