Contains numerous paper collections, including the Pluma Batten Papers: pertaining mostly to her work as a member of the Pilesgrove (New Jersey) Board of Education, and as supervising principal and superintendent of schools for the Woodstown-Pilesgrove District in the 1940s and 1950s. The collection includes correspondence, notes, meeting minutes, reports, clippings, brochures, and various other types of documentation pertaining to her work as principal and district supervisor. Curriculum plans, teacher evaluation, and materials relating to school transportation, fire safety issues, and education of special needs children, teaching methods, health and athletic programs, and various other facets of education policy and school administration are represented in this collection.
- Open Rank Position Social Studies/History of Education Departments of Curriculum and Instruction and Education Policy, Organization and Leadership College of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign September 17, 2019
- Announcing A.J. Angulo and Jack Schneider of the University of Massachusetts Lowell as Incoming Co-editors September 16, 2019
- 2019 HES CONFERENCE REGISTRATION IS OPEN September 3, 2019
- Deadline Extended on Submissions for the 2019 Henry Barnard Prize May 30, 2019
- Thank You to Those Who Submitted Proposals for the 2019 HES Conference May 28, 2019