The Fry Collection of Italian History and Culture includes manuscripts and correspondence, broadsides, printed ephemera, periodicals, and books from the early Renaissance through the 20th century. The largest category is materials from the period of Italian Fascism, illustrating, for example, Fascist propaganda, educational policies and practices, youth and women’s activities, racial policies, Italian colonialism, and anti-Fascist opposition. In addition, it includes children’s exercise books, textbooks, and notebooks; children’s magazines; teachers’ textbooks and class notebooks. Many of these items show marginalia that presents something of the perspectives of the students and teachers themselves.
- 2020 HES and SHCY Collaborative Conference- Call for Proposals January 20, 2020
- Canadian History of Education Association 2020 CFP January 20, 2020
- Your Response To The Elizabeth Warren Pregnancy Story Is Important October 15, 2019
- 2019 HES ONLINE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED October 13, 2019
- Open Position: Associate or Full Professor of History of Education, Tenured September 26, 2019