The Fry Collection of Italian History and Culture includes manuscripts and correspondence, broadsides, printed ephemera, periodicals, and books from the early Renaissance through the 20th century. The largest category is materials from the period of Italian Fascism, illustrating, for example, Fascist propaganda, educational policies and practices, youth and women’s activities, racial policies, Italian colonialism, and anti-Fascist opposition. In addition, it includes children’s exercise books, textbooks, and notebooks; children’s magazines; teachers’ textbooks and class notebooks. Many of these items show marginalia that presents something of the perspectives of the students and teachers themselves.
- Living, Teaching, and Learning with the Ghost of the Tulsa Race Massacre September 18, 2020
- HEQ All-Time Top 10 September 18, 2020
- ISEB Professional Development Webinars September 9, 2020
- Ralph Kidder Muses on HES 2040 August 28, 2020
- Bob Hampel muses on HES 2040 August 19, 2020