The Fry Collection of Italian History and Culture includes manuscripts and correspondence, broadsides, printed ephemera, periodicals, and books from the early Renaissance through the 20th century. The largest category is materials from the period of Italian Fascism, illustrating, for example, Fascist propaganda, educational policies and practices, youth and women’s activities, racial policies, Italian colonialism, and anti-Fascist opposition. In addition, it includes children’s exercise books, textbooks, and notebooks; children’s magazines; teachers’ textbooks and class notebooks. Many of these items show marginalia that presents something of the perspectives of the students and teachers themselves.
- 2023 Conference Registration NOW OPEN August 28, 2023
- March 3 Online Book Talk with Sharon S. Lee March 1, 2022
- Racial History of Amherst Postdoc Position February 10, 2022
- CHEA/ACHE Conference 2022 February 1, 2022
- Two Tenure-Track Positions with a History of Education Focus November 29, 2021