The History of Education Society is introducing HES Blog Essays, a new resource for its members and the profession generally. The essays in series are meant to highlight the themes of each year’s HES annual conference. The overarching theme for the 2019 conference is History of Education in the Everyday – Building Inclusive Histories, with sub-themes including 1) Global Democracies, Citizenship-Making and Education as a Fundamental Human Right; 2) Resistance, Agency and Social Movements for Inclusive Education; 3) Indigeneities; 4) The Role of Social Foundations in Building Civil Societies; 5) Innovations and Problematics in Research Methodologies; 6) Reconsiderations of Theory and Historiographies.
- Alison Prentice, In Memoriam July 19, 2021
- 2021 Barnard Prize Call for Nominations February 3, 2021
- LGBTQ+ Histories of Education Call January 25, 2021
- Warren Center Fellowship on Slavery and Universities November 24, 2020
- History and Policy Conversation with Larry Cuban, Oct. 8 October 5, 2020