Preliminary 2014 Conference Information. The HES annual meeting will be in Indianapolis, Indiana November 6 - 9, 2014 at the Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel. Information about the conference hotel and registering for the conference will be available in late summer 2014.
If you have questions about the Call for Papers for the 2014 annual meeting, contact the Program Chair, Christine Ogren, email: email@example.com; telephone: 319-335-5202, or mail: Educational Policy and Leadership Studies, The University of Iowa, N491 Lindquist Center, Iowa City, IA 52242.. If you have questions about the History of Education Society, contact the Secretary-Treasurer, Ralph Kidder, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call for Proposals Editorship of HISTORY OF EDUCATION QUARTERLY
Whereas the deadline for submissions for the conference has passed and reviewers are hard at work considering the submissions to the conference, there are still ways to be involved in supporting the organization. Please send an email to our Vice-President, Dr. James Fraser at email@example.com to indicate how you would like to support the annual conference. Please contact Dr. Ralph Kidder at firstname.lastname@example.org concerning registration for the conference. Registration materials will be available in late summer 2013. In the near future, you will be able to register electronically.
HES Elections 2013
- Faculty Position Announcements:
- Other upcoming conferences:
- Canadian Higher Education Association Conference, Saskatoon, SK, October 23-26, 2014. Click HERE for the call for proposals, which are due February 17, 2014.
- The Education, Knowledge Production and Science Studies Network invites historians of education to submit a paper, panel, roundtable, or poster proposal for the 39th annual meeting of the Social Science History Association. The meeting will take place November 6–9, 2014, in Toronto, Ontario. The deadline for paper and/or panel submissions is February 14, 2014. The thematic topic of the 2014 annual meeting is “Inequalities: Politics, Policy, and the Past.”
For more information on the meeting and the full call for papers, please CLICK HERE or refer to the SSHA website: http://www.ssha.org.
- HES Awards and Committees. For a list of prizes, awards and the respective committee members for 2013, please CLICK HERE.
- Graduate Student Committee. Congratulations to Amber Jones (email@example.com) a graduate student at Emory University, who is the incoming chair of the Graduate Student Committee for HES! For an introduction to her cabinet members, please CLICK HERE
The History of Education Society election has concluded. The four outstanding candidates on the ballot have contributed mightily to the Society over the years. Many thanks to Sherman Dorn, Christine Ogren, Sevan Terzian, and Roberta Wollons for the depth of their commitment to HES and for their leadership in our field!
ATTENTION (former) HES MEMBERS:
If you are not a current member and renew membership before the 10 May deadline for voting in the 2013 election please notify Karen Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to register for the ballot.
To register as a member of the History of Education Society, click the membership link above and follow the instructions.