A conference on John Dewey’s “Democracy and Education” 100 Years On: Past, Present, and Future Relevance will be held September 28 – October 1 2016 at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge. The conference is Co-sponsored by History of Education Society, UK, and the Philosophy of Education Society GB. The call for papers is now available at http://www.dewey2016.co.uk/ . Closing date for submissions is 15th January 2016. Opportunities for bursary support are advertised on the website and are available for members of the History of Education Society presenting papers on historical aspects. Email Lottie Hoare for terms and conditions firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HES Site Coordinator Position Call For Volunteer May 1, 2019
- Announcing the 2019 Barnard Prize April 26, 2019
- In the Streets, in the Archives: Decades of Teacher Protest in North Carolina April 26, 2019
- “A New Kind of Black Youth”: The Integral Role of Young Foot Soldiers in the Civil Rights Movement April 26, 2019
- Announcing: The New HES Blog Essays April 24, 2019