The History of Education Society will hold our annual meeting from Thursday, November 2 through Sunday, November 5, 2017 at the Little Rock Marriott Hotel in historic Little Rock, Arkansas. Conference registration, hotel reservation information and the final conference program will be available in late August or early September.Read More
Important News and updates for HES members and friends. Follow this link for dates important to the HES.
The HES Silent Auction Committee has already received intriguing auction items such as a framed photograph of John Dewey at his 90th birthday celebration; a copy of James Bryant Conant’s The Education of American Teachers, inscribed to Commissioner of Education Francis Keppel; Volume 1, Number 1 of The Social Frontier; and a three-day writer’s retreat (with or without family/partners) at an ocean-front condo in Narragansett, Rhode Island.
The Committee needs your help to round out the auction offerings. Think about what you might contribute to the auction between now and October 1st, for example:
- a tangible item (like the books and photo cited above)
- a service that you or a friend can provide (transcription, copyediting, tax advice, homemade chocolate!)
- support (like the writer’s retreat or housing near an archive).
- an autographed set of your books (provided by you or your publisher)
- the chance to meet with or receive feedback from senior colleagues
Foundations for the Future," the three- year capital campaign to raise $80,000 in support of the History of Education Quarterly, HES graduate students and the general HES endowment, is nearing completion of its first year. To learn more and to make your donation to the campaign, go the SUPPORT US Page.Read More