GRADUATE STUDENT INFORMATION
The History of Education Graduate Student Committee is a diverse group committed to advancing the individual and collective experiences of graduate students with intellectual interests in the history of education.
The Committee advocates for graduate students as participants in the profession and practice of the history of education. For more information on Committee Procedures follow this link.
Several positions become available each year on the Graduate Student Committee (each member serves a two-year term).
- Deirdre Dougherty, Rutgers University
- T. Philip Nichols, University of Pennsylvania
- Alexander Hyres, University of Virginia
- Jisoo Hyun, University of Washington
- Kristen Chmielewski, University of Iowa
- Esther Cyna, Columbia University, Teachers College
Want to Connect with Other Graduate Students?
- The HES Graduate Student Listserve is active. If you would like to subscribe to the listserve or you would like to post a message to the list, please send an email to Robbie Gross at email@example.com.
- If you are on facebook, consider joining the “History of Education Society” group page and the “AERA Division F (History and Historiography)” group page.
- Join the “H-Education” network on “H-Net”
- American Educational Research Association
- American Historical Association
- Association of Black Women Historians
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History
- International Standing Conference for the History of Education
- National Council on Black Studies
- Organization of American Historians
- Organization of Educational Historians
- Southern Historical Association