Preliminary 2014 Conference Information. The HES annual meeting will be in Indianapolis, Indiana November 6 - 9, 2014 at the Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel. Information about the conference hotel and registering for the conference will be available in late summer 2014.
If you have questions about the Call for Papers for the 2014 annual meeting, contact the Program Chair, Christine Ogren, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone: 319-335-5202, or mail: Educational Policy and Leadership Studies, The University of Iowa, N491 Lindquist Center, Iowa City, IA 52242.. If you have questions about the History of Education Society, contact the Secretary-Treasurer, Ralph Kidder, at email@example.com
* ANNOUNCING THE 2014 JURGEN HERBST TRAVEL AWARD.
Graduate students who have had papers accepted for presentation at the International Standing Conference for the History of Education scheduled for July 23-26 in London, England may apply for the Jurgen Herbst Travel Award.Graduate students must be members of the History of Education Society (USA) to apply for the five hundred dollar award.To apply, send the following information to HES President James W. Fraser (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 30, 2014. The HES Board will select the Jurgen Herbst Travel Award recipient and notify him or her by May 31, 2014 or sooner.Application Materials:
- ISCHE proposal
- Copy of your ISCHE acceptance notification
- Curriculum Vitae
- A brief statement (no longer than 200 words) of how the paper fits into your larger scholarly agenda
- A note on what other funding, if any, is available to you from your educational institutionCriteria for Jurgen Herbst Travel Award
- Membership in the History of Education Society (USA)
- Evidence within the proposal of:
- Familiarity with relevant scholarship
- Use of primary historical sources
- Degree of contribution to current scholarship
HES Elections 2013
- Faculty Position Announcements:
- Other upcoming conferences:
- Canadian Higher Education Association Conference, Saskatoon, SK, October 23-26, 2014. Click HERE for the call for proposals, which are due February 17, 2014.
- The Education, Knowledge Production and Science Studies Network invites historians of education to submit a paper, panel, roundtable, or poster proposal for the 39th annual meeting of the Social Science History Association. The meeting will take place November 6–9, 2014, in Toronto, Ontario. The deadline for paper and/or panel submissions is February 14, 2014. The thematic topic of the 2014 annual meeting is “Inequalities: Politics, Policy, and the Past.”
For more information on the meeting and the full call for papers, please CLICK HERE or refer to the SSHA website: http://www.ssha.org.
- HES Awards and Committees. For a list of prizes, awards and the respective committee members for 2013, please CLICK HERE.
- Graduate Student Committee. Graduate Student Committee. Congratulations to Kathryn Nicholas (email@example.com>) a graduate student at the University of Washington, who is the incoming chair of the Graduate Student Committee for HES! For an introduction to her cabinet members, please CLICK HERE
The History of Education Society election has concluded. The four outstanding candidates on the ballot have contributed mightily to the Society over the years. Many thanks to Sherman Dorn, Christine Ogren, Sevan Terzian, and Roberta Wollons for the depth of their commitment to HES and for their leadership in our field!
ATTENTION (former) HES MEMBERS:
If you are not a current member and renew membership before the 10 May deadline for voting in the 2013 election please notify Karen Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to register for the ballot.
To register as a member of the History of Education Society, click the membership link above and follow the instructions.