Welcome to the History of Education Society
This page is written by and for graduate students and provides pertinent information and resources. If you have suggestions on how this page can be more helpful for graduate students, please e-mail Frank Honts at email@example.com.
The History of Education Graduate Student Committee
The HES Graduate Student Committee is a diverse group committed to advancing the individual and collective experiences of graduate students with intellectual interests in the history of education. The Committee advocates for graduate students as participants in the profession and practice of the history of education. For more information on Committee Procedures, please click here.
The Committee is in the process of transitioning and will announce the 2010 Committee in early January.
Contact Information for the 2009 Committee:
- Daniela Blei, University of California-Berkeley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deidre Flowers, Teachers College, Columbia University (email@example.com)
- Michael Hevel, University of Iowa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Frank Honts, University of Wisconsin-Madison (email@example.com)
- Seabrook Jones, University of Delaware (seabrook@UDel.edu)
- Michelle Purdy (Chair), Emory University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Want to Connect with Other Graduate Students?
- The HES Graduate Student Listserve is active. If you are not receiving e-mails and would like to please e-mai lFrank Honts at email@example.com. All listserve recipients should be members of the History of Education Society.
- If you are on facebook, consider joining the “History of Education Society” group page and the “AERA Division F (History and Historiography)” group page.
- Join the “H-Education” network on “H-Net” at http://www.h-net.org/~educ/
- American Educational Research Association: http://www.aera.net
- American Historical Association: http://www.historians.org
- Association of Black Women Historians: http://www.abwh.org
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History: http://www.asalh.org
- National Council on Black Studies: http://www.ncbsonline.or
- Organization of American Historians: http://www.oah.org
- Organization of Educational Historians: http://www.edhistorians.org
- Southern Historical Association: http://www.uga.edu/~sha
Award and Funding Opportunities:
- American Education Research Association Minority Dissertation Fellowship in Education Research: http://www.aera.net/fellowships/Default.aspx?menu_id=48&id=88
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships: http://sites.nationalacademies.org/pga/fordfellowships/
- Organization of American Historians--Huggins-Quarles Award: http://www.oah.org/activities/awards/hugginsquarles/index.htm
- Spencer Foundation Fellowship Awards: http://www.spencer.org/content.cfm/fellowship-awards